GeForce 8 series (I need info!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazama

Daemon Poster
Am hype about the GF 8 series but can't find anything about it. Does anyone have information about it?

Well, if you want to game on Vista, you will need a G80 (GeForce 8) series card, being as Vista won't be backwards compatable with DX9. I mean, the OS will run on DX9 cards and even integrated graphics, but gaming wont be worth a crap without a GeForce 8 series or next-gen Radeon. If you have a GeForce 6 or 7 series now, wait for the GeForce 8s because it would be a waste of money buying one of these new cards today.

No info, other than it will have SM4.0 and DX10 support. Will come out Q3 or Q4. Basically, H2.

Flanker said:
No info, other than it will have SM4.0 and DX10 support. Will come out Q3 or Q4. Basically, H2.

Not much we know. Anything past what flanker said is pretty much complete speculation though. One thing we can be sure of is that it will butcher current cards. (at least it better, or nvidia's *** is on the line) :p

quarter 3, and 4 of the year.. and i can't wait for vista.. i wanna see just how great its supposed to be... just like xp... haha, hopefully its not a big disappointment.. from what i've read it seems awesome

I've heard it is....so is am2....*sigh* they better get their shiit together before this stuff comes out. by the looks of things DX10 will blow too!

PS just played fear for the first time....wow...Very refreshing! I like the feel. I like the smoothness dispite low fps. So far I am very Impressed. I look forward to getting the **** scared out of me!

BennyV04988 said:
I've heard it is....so is am2....*sigh* they better get their shiit together before this stuff comes out. by the looks of things DX10 will blow too!

PS just played fear for the first time....wow...Very refreshing! I like the feel. I like the smoothness dispite low fps. So far I am very Impressed. I look forward to getting the **** scared out of me!

how is dx10 gonna blow???? have you not seen the cry engine.. dx10 is just amazing....

How much is this Vista?, I might get it onto my rig with the new Geforce 8 when it comes out ..

You can hold you're hand on you butt for Microsoft to have Vista ready for 4th quarter 2006. There have been many reports that it's pushed back at least that far. I'd say when it's all said and done it will be more like 2nd Quarter 2007.

There are other things that gamers should be looking forward to at this point, like Ageia's PPU cards and there's a new RAM Disk coming out soon for PCI x1. The RAM disk will have support up to 8GIG and use a onboard power connecter as well as having a backup battery. (Use a few sticks of cheap value ram and mount it as a drive and now you have an UBER fast storage device to install that new "game" on.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. "I'm not thinking about Vista or supported hardware for at least another 1 to 2 years.

Think about how long Windows 64bit has been available... And what's the recommenation right now for using it? It's not recommended. Why? Because at this point there isn't much software support available for it. The same will stand true for a certain period of time prior to the official Vista release. You can have all the uber crazy hardware you want, but if you don't have good software that supports it, it might as well just be a paper weight on your desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom