Software Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice Daddy

Fully Optimized
This inquiry came to mind when I played a sound in Audacity and it was fairly loud in comparison to Windows Media Player...

Does anyone know of a software amp? Something that will let me exceed the highest level of volume on my pc?

Perhaps a stand alone program...

not sure... I've never used winamp...

just some program that I could use to exceed my max volume in volume control

ex: I turn the master volume all the way up, (that's my limit) then use the "software amp" to raise the volume higher...

Well i know that Winamp has a Equalizer that might help you achive the results you are looking for. Just turn the treble/bass up and make sure the EQ is on. It might help. But the biggest suggestion i wouls have to say would be a better speaker system.

I had the same problem as you. Got myself a nice 5.1 system that hits 200 RMS and a max of 500. Now my volume is only at about 15% and it starts to shake the room.

hmmm... I alternate between two speaker systems... some old hp(unpowered)speakers connected through another speaker that is powered...,

and the other is 3x 10" 200W subs, 2x 5" 250W subs, wired up to an old(very old) 1000W radio (rigged to work as an amp)

the first one is always loud when I have the computer volume lower... and the subs are quiet at the same level..., that's easy to fix, as all i have to do is turn up the "amp"

a new speaker system might own my pc speakers, but my subs rattle the house... so...

I originaly asked about the software amp, when I thought to run the sound directly to the speakers(subs) without the amp... I could raise the volume with the equilizer in wmp... but it can sound crappy or distorted...

it was an interesting idea to consider... but in the end not necessary...

thanx for the replies though...:)

mikee said:
try dfx. it's a small app that starts with your media player and tweaks bass and other audio level settings

www.fxsound.com

you can't sqeeze apple out of a turnip.

he need a better soundcard or a more powerful receiver amp. otherwise he will get distortion by boosting the drive level too much

EricB said:
you can't sqeeze apple out of a turnip.

he need a better soundcard or a more powerful receiver amp. otherwise he will get distortion by boosting the drive level too much

So if you have a better sound card you can get higher volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom