Install XP pro that has been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazama

Daemon Poster
If you installed a copy of XP pro (Not burnt, it's retail) onto a new computer (But the copy of XP has already been installed) will it work? Thanks.

Not any more. Since M$ update their Licensing agreement it wont. Even under the old agreement it wont. Since it is a new PC must have a new License for it. With the new agreement anytime you upgrade the motherboard it is considered a new PC and have to get a new License.

But since this is a new PC and the other PC already has XP that is using that license on it, cant install and use the same serial. Only thing i can say is to try. But if it asks for activation and you try to activate it then you will have problems. If it does activate then the other PC that is currently using that serial might become de-activated.

this is the reson im waiting for Windows Vista to come out before i look at building a new system ;)

I think you can, I've done it before and not just with volume license version but home version...

Warez Monster said:
I think you can, I've done it before and not just with volume license version but home version...

Yes but this was before the whole "New motherboard = New PC" License came around this week.;)

Since he has stated that it is a New PC that he is installing on which means new motherboard, it also means new license under the new terms.;) :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom