****ed off at new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatfrickinfa

Baseband Member
hey i just built a gaming computer even though i dont play games i overclock. i was so happy everything was running so well so i decided to overclock my p4 640 3.2 ghx to 4 ghz, it didnt work so i rebooted my computer and now i get the windows classic theme, not the blue win xp theme. what can i do to get the win xp theme back

right click on the desktop, go to properties. Under Themes, Select Windows XP. Click OK.

Should do it.

I don't get how someone can build a computer from scratch, know how to overclock it, and then be clueless on how to change Windows XP themes...

WorldIndustries said:
I don't get how someone can build a computer from scratch, know how to overclock it, and then be clueless on how to change Windows XP themes...

it doesnt show that in one of the options these are the options

MyCurrent Theme
windows classic
more themesonline
browse

there is no windows xp, and of course i know how to change the theme but it doesnt appear in the list

Sometimes the default theme of Windows XP will be missing from the Themes tab in Desktop Properties, and there will be only Classic them in the drop down list. This is one of the common problems I have seen ;-).

To recover the default XP theme (also called as Luna theme), the following solutions can be used:-
1 Start the Themes Service: Go to Start > Run and type services.msc and press Enter key to open the Services window. Here, navigate to Themes service, and right-click on it and select Properties, and make sure that the Start Up type is set to Automatic. And if the service is stopped, click the Start button to start it.

2 Locate the Luna.theme file manually: Right click on the desktop and choose Properties. On the Themes tab, choose the Browse... option. Next browse and locate the file C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Luna.theme and apply this as theme.

3 Luna.theme file not present: If Luna.theme file itself is not present, then it has to be restored back. Download this Zip file from KellyÂ’s Korner, and then extract the contents of this file to C:\Windows directory. Then, apply this theme as given in previous step.

4 Registry fix: If the above steps do not solve the problem, then there is a chance of changes in the default Registry values related to Themes. Download this Registry fix from KellyÂ’s Korner, and merge it with the Registry. Restart the computer to make the changes to take effect.

bigfatfrickinfa said:
no, tried that (and does anybody know how to get rid of windows messenger

go into start > control panel > add/remove programs

click remove windows components....scroll the the bottom...untick windows messenger...click next....and thats uninstalled it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom