Power supply question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secundus

Baseband Member
Well my PSU in my wifes' e-machine died. I bought a new one and put it in and everything is working fine except when you turn off the system everything shuts down put the PSU remains on with the fan running. Anyone experience this before or has any suggestions.

Thanks

What was the psu that you bought?
Maybe it was one of those that cool down the psu before it fully shuts off.

Guess I should have added that with the original PSU it started doing the same thing when it used to shut off; plus it was telling my I did not have enough power for a usb connection even though there were no usb components plugged in. I took the original 250W PSU out and noticed a capacitor rolling around on the inside so I figured I would replace it. I bought a 400W coolmax Taurus PSU and it can't find anywhere that it stays on until cooled down. Haven't left it on very long to try it. Will try when I get home. Here's the PSU I bought.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817159043

Well it doesn't shut off while cooling down. The other thing I noticed is that when the system shuts down the Hard disk drive access indicator light stays on along with the PSU but everything else shuts down. So far I have just been turning the psu switch off when done with the computer. I've scanned my computer with ewido, spybot, ad-aware with no bad results, tried defragmenting the drive with no luck and doesn't seem to be anything in bios that looks out of place. Still looking for possible solutions/suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom