Need help installing new raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt4044

Baseband Member
I have a ASUS P4G800-V motherboard and just bought a new 150GIG raptor. When I plug it in and boot up, the bios doesn't always recognize it. Sometimes it comes back with bfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbfbf or rrrrrrrrrrrr I have tried everything I can think of. I send back the first one, but since this is the second and it is doing the same thing, I am assuming it is not the drive. I have disconnected everything except the raptor, and it still does not seem to recognize it properly in the bios. It has a couple of times, but then when I go to load windows, it says it cannot find a HDD. I also cannot find any SATA drivers for this motherboard. (F6 when loading windows) I have tried both of the SATA connectors. Am I missing something, or could I have another bad drive? The system works fine without the raptor.

I doubt it's the drive. What's your motherboard? Have you updated to the latest BIOS? Do you have a good enough PSU? Try contacting WD tech support.

Do you think that is the whole problem? Would you expect it to boot and then have problems, or is the PS just not able to put out enough juice from the get go? How did this upgrade just get more expensive??? lol :(

What are your full system specs? With a raptor 150gb, I'm going to assume you have a pretty decent PC, in which case 300w most likely won't cut it.

Right now I have everything unplugged except the raptor and the dvd. It's just a 2.4 800FSB. 1gig ram. I will be running 2 other HDD's 2 case fans along with a third for the raptor and zalman silent cooler.I realize the PS may not be enough to run it all, but I would expect it to be enough to start up the raptor with everything unplugged. But maybe I am wrong. I suppose I could check the voltage it is outputting on the 12v line.

It shows 11.8 volts when running right now. Not sure what is expected. Right now everything is back hooked up except the raptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom