ATI Vs nVidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd actually be suprised by this point if the G71 beat the X1900XTX, because I've heard that the G71 may only have 24 pipelines. Even if it has 32 pipelines and beats the X1900XTX, I'm sure ATI won't be far behind.

Hah Irish. Told ya. The 7900GTX isn't even out right now and already people are saying that you should wait for the GeForce 8. So that guy that wanted to buy a videocard should still get the 7900GTX eh?

What?? is there a 8*** series coming out :O -.-" am gonig to wait for that instead of the 7900 then ..

lol, you people are insane. Can someone close this as I have made my choice. The x1800xl is perfect for my needs.
It isn't brand new so it isn't $800.
It runs any game out now perfectly (therefore anything released in the next 2 years at least. (considering how my 9600pro runs some new games fine atm (splinter cell CT)
It's not a heap of crap.
I decided I like ati better than nVidia
I'm not interested in wasting money on SLi (I have read that it doesn't actually give you twice the power at all).

Thanks for the interesting info though guys, although having read through some of the other threads, I realised that when people ask these sorts of questions, straight away you say "wait till the x2000XTX comes out" or something. Either you guys have far more patience than any human alive, or you already have top gfx cards and you all insane!! :p

Both Companies are good, however i prefer nVidia over ATI. Both produce good cards and right now i think ATI is in the lead with the x1900xtx, But not for long...

Flanker said:
Hah Irish. Told ya. The 7900GTX isn't even out right now and already people are saying that you should wait for the GeForce 8. So that guy that wanted to buy a videocard should still get the 7900GTX eh?

Actually, I think I was advising him to wait for it's launch and see what happens. A penny saved is a penny earned. Price moves are a breath away.

Ryan

What's wrong waiting a month of two. Unless your in a big rush, wait it out. The worst thing that could happen if you ended up disreagaurding the 7900GT and sticking with the 7800GT is that the prices of the 7800GT's would fall ... Oh no that would suck :-\

Also, the 7900GT is set to cost $299, so I'd estimate the 7800GT's to fall to the $250 range and cheaper.

I'm going to guess that it'll fall AROUND the $200 range. I'm not saying it'll BE $200, but maybe 2 and a quarter, or 220

Ryan

HugeF1 said:

Thanks for the interesting info though guys, although having read through some of the other threads, I realised that when people ask these sorts of questions, straight away you say "wait till the x2000XTX comes out" or something. Either you guys have far more patience than any human alive, or you already have top gfx cards and you all insane!! :p
im totally w/ u on that. to me, if i have money and theres a stuff i want, ill just get it. ill never think about "XX is coming out next month" or "better to wait till XX comes out" cuz if u wait, theres an another better products r gonna be on the way...so it never ends. it only took me about 2 weeks to research all the parts i want till finished building it. id rather get something now than waiting. cuz anything u get will be outdated in near future anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom