What is intel good for in your guys gaming opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprtnbsblplya

Daemon Poster
So obviously almost all of us here choose to run AMD processors over Intels as most of us are aware that AMDs offer an amazing bang for the buck.
So, from a gamers perspective, what is the Intel good for? (or at least what is it better than AMD at doing?)

3d rendering (non games) converting DVD's/cd's. Now the X2 is out, it does as good as Intel if not better. Everyone keeps on saying that the new Intel core looks very promising, but I don't know what the future holds. It could be very good, and when they come out, if I have enough money spare I will get one (possibly, I would probally have to get a new water block though.)

The new yohna cores are for sale on newegg, they pretty much beat AMD's current lineup.

Intel's are good for games if they came be thrown like ninja stars at the bad guys....Other than that, Intels are simply cheapo cpus that everyone has bought through prebuilt systems.

They're high quality pieces of circuitry that compete with AMD... There's nothing wrong with them, but at this point, anyone who wants to build a PC for a reasonable amount of money should go with the AMD Athlon 64 lineup

Ryan

Umm, why would they do that, when the new yohna intel cores are out on newegg, and they get 23 seconds in a superpi 1m run clocked at 2.7ghz, where as it takes an athlon 64 clocked at 3.6GHz using dry ice cooling to get 23 seconds. The new CPU's from intel will come as a huge punch in the gut to all the die hard amd fanboys. I really don't get how a fanboy works, I just get the better product. All there is to it. Yes it's true intel cpus have always held the superpi record, but this is because they overclock far better than amd cpus. you can get them to 5-7ghz if you're lucky on phase change/ln2 or dice cooling. But this is at 2.7ghz.

I don't like Intel ATM, but they're mobile CPUs beat AMD's nearly all the time in performance per watt and sometimes even raw performance. Sure AMD supplies 64-bit support but that's really not that big of deal yet, and most likely won't be for at least another year I'd say.

Intel's new CPUs that will be unveiled in this year and the next look like they may give AMD's CPUs a run for their money though.

Intel Processors will beat AMD at pure number crunching anytime. So decoding and encoding and the like will benefet. Something I do more often than gaming but I'm still happy with my AMD.

Intel's new line to be released this summer seem to be better than anything AMD has to offer or will offer with their AM2 for number crunching and gaming.

Currently AMD wins at clock pulse efficiantcy and gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom