HELP!best AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 165 is the best dual core CPU around for OCing. The x2 3800+ is a nice CPU, but usually doesn't OC nearly as much as the Opteron.

The 165 is the best dual core CPU around for OCing
Its a dual core???
In most ocasions your better off waiting for the next gen intel's anyway.
Intel!!!!.....newb!Intel is second rate compared to AMD!!! Good job with the support of firefox but you were way off when it came to a processor! I will admit that i am currently running on an Intel Centrino 800MHz ...but...it doesnt mean i like it!

sw_freak64 said:
Intel!!!!.....newb!Intel is second rate compared to AMD!!! Good job with the support of firefox but you were way off when it came to a processor! I will admit that i am currently running on an Intel Centrino 800MHz ...but...it doesnt mean i like it!

The new Intels are probably going to sqeak ahead of the new AMD's...

Ryan

attacking people who have been here a lot longer than you is a good way to get banned. i myself am an AMD loyalist but i have one thing on my side, i am not ignorant. keep in mind that being an AMD fan doesn't have to make you blind. Intel's next generation is most likely going to outperform AMD. i don't know about AMD's next gen but it will certainly outperform the current architecture. do not make posts that are not justified ESPECIALLY if it is to insult another member

nitestick said:
attacking people who have been here a lot longer than you is a good way to get banned. i myself am an AMD loyalist but i have one thing on my side, i am not ignorant. keep in mind that being an AMD fan doesn't have to make you blind. Intel's next generation is most likely going to outperform AMD. i don't know about AMD's next gen but it will certainly outperform the current architecture. do not make posts that are not justified ESPECIALLY if it is to insult another member

Sorry bout that. Ive just heard from so many ppl that AMD is far superior to Intel and to stay away from Intel....my bad.

sw_freak64 said:
Sorry bout that. Ive just heard from so many ppl that AMD is far superior to Intel and to stay away from Intel....my bad.

Attachments

• simin_proverb_blind_leading_blind.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 36
nitestick said:

QFT. :D

And that, my friend, is why I called you a noob is the motherboard thread. Seems it held true, eh?

Actually according to a series of benchmarks the Socket AM2 CPU's performed just around the same (sometimes slightly less or more) than Socket 939 CPU's (of the same model obviously).

The real performance jump will come when DDR2 memory finally obtains faster timings and when the faster CPU's that won't be compatible with Socket 939 are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom