cyclic redundency check (crc) error

Status
Not open for further replies.

stellar haze

Beta member
Well, as the story goes, just recently I had done the format C process, I backed up some extremely necessary files on a DVD so I could keep them afterwards, I thought partition wasn't really safe enough, having never done that before.
Well, now, trying to open this DVD dialogue, it takes ages to see anything, and when I try to drag them back into my computer I get the "cyclic redundancy check error" - I know that it appears when the files on the DVD are either damaged or corrupt, or whilst the disc is dirty or scratched up. Does anyone know a way to recover the files there (which are mostly audio and text files) - Or even if it's not possible, I need those **** broken files, perhaps I could fix them up (the audio ones - they're the work of my own), but though, I'd prefer to recover them. The primary reason for the creation of this thread is asking how the **** do I get them off that DVD now, though.

Thanks a bunch to all those who'd be of any help here.

Its a bad DVD Burn. Thats the thing i hate about DVD is there not the best for data. Now thats just my opinion but i run into this about 50% of the time. Ive lost a tone of music and apps stored on DVD. You can try CD Check it works on DVD also and i have been able to recover some of my files.

what you should do after each time you burn anything, is check to see if it works...whether it is data or not.

also, to cut down on CRC errors, try to burn at a lower speed; this used to happen to me to, until i lowered the speed one increment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom