3700 san diego question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuthroat

Baseband Member
Ok so I built my first rig and other then a sound problem which has almost been fixed... I have another question.

The new bios is different from a few years ago computers, it boots up and says the mghz is 200 and then goes into the ram and such. Does that mean my 3700 is at 2.0ghz? Is that correct and how does that stack up against most processors out there. Am I going to see a huge difference by learning how to over clock it? If I overclock it do I have to overclock other pieces? Is it that big of a need to overclock at all I am running BF2 at full settings and dont have any issues other then drops from the server which seems to be about the newest patch?

3700amd san diego
2gig corsair value ram
120wd 8mb hd
450 fortron psu
pro sli mb
7800gt evga vid card

First of all, 200Mhz = .2GHz, so it's 2000mhz right ...

Second, an Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego should run at 2.2GHz or 2200Mhz.

Third, The San Diego core is great for gaming an has some OCing potential that should allow you to reach at least Athlon 64 4000+ speeds.

there is a new steppuing of 3700's made around early this month or late last month that OC amazingly. if you could post your stepping i coul;d tell you

Its saying that the HTT is at 200MHz. With the multiplier on the 3700 (11x) it should be running at 2.2GHz. Download CPUz and see what it says about the speed.

maybe it is the ram? on start up bios shows 200mhz and then shows 2000000 ram and then continues on. I was just curiuos the system is running great I dled speedfan and shows a heat of 27c which hits 30c under load. Not sure on the gpu but this thermaltake tsunami dream case and the three fans it seems to be very cool even inside a desk cubby hole.

Not sure about stepping i dont know how to find that and im pretty sure I wont consider overclocking till I feel like I have fell behind maybe a year from now.

speedfan isnt very accurate. get yourself these programs:

CPU-Z
Everest (will probably show better temps than speedfan)
Memtest86
Prime95

everytime I look into everest I see that they no longer run a free program. They have taken it off the market as far as I know. I heard it is one of the best programs to date.

everest doesn't promote it anymore, but google everest home edition 2005 and ull find it.Yes it is very good and free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom