*PIC* Msconfig and processes running problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

patel_anu

Beta member
Ive been having some problems lately with my machine. It has been shutting down automatically and i think its because of how hot my laptop gets. Ive noticed that the processor fan runs continuously and it used to run only sometimes. I dont know why it just all of a sudden started running continusouly.

I looked at all the processes that are running on my system and i have about 36 +/- which i think is alot. Im thinkin that this is causing my system to run hot (it runs at about 65 C ). Ive posted a pic of my processes and my MSconfig startup file. I dont know which processes should be running and which arent. Can some one please help me resolve this issue. Its really frustrating. :(

Specs: Toshiba satellite laptop, Pentium 3, 1.1 GHZ, 512 Ram,30 gig running on XP home edition

oh BTW, im new here
:)

processes312.jpg

startup31298 copy.jpg

I don't think your processes are causing this porblem that It looks like the processes are only taking up 5% of you processor power which does not seem like a lot.

thanks for the reply.

Do you or anyone else have any other suggestions as to why my system is running so hot? Ive ran norton 2003,spy bot,adware and high jack this and have cleared all of that but still it gets hot.

This is just a wild guess but could it be a problem with your cpu fan. Maybe somethings wrong with that :confused:

are you sitting it on your lap or on a hard surfice if you are using it on your lap make sure you have proper ventalation through you machine and make sure you rubber legs are there that can also make your machine hot if nothing else take it back to where you got it from and have them check it out

ive always used it on a hard surface, i rarely use it on my lap. Ive had this laptop for 2 years so its out of warranty but i guess ill have to fork up the money to get it fixed.

Ive found temporary fix. Ive placed a small regular fan next to my laptop and leave the fan on and it cools the system. Will this harm my computer in the long run?

one more question, can i upgrade my cooling fan or add a heat sink or something to my laptop? I know its easy to do on a desktop but ive never messed with laptops before.

thanks for the replys guys, this site has been very helpful :)

I don't think putting a fan near would computer will harm it. And you probably can't add another heatsink to the computer beacuse of the limited space in your laptop.

i just had my desktop apart last nite i realize its not a laptop but damn was the inside of it dirty i mean like bad, i would just pop it open and take a gander and make sure there isnt a mass amount of crap accumulated on the heatsink and fan for starters, it only took mine about 2 mths to get this dirty. put is this way i used a whole can of duster and had to vacuum my floor when i was done. lol im disapointed in myself for letting it get that bad i cant believe mine wasnt overheating even with cpu fan goin out- thats y i had it apart

neversleeps said:
i just had my desktop apart last nite i realize its not a laptop but damn was the inside of it dirty i mean like bad, i would just pop it open and take a gander and make sure there isnt a mass amount of crap accumulated on the heatsink and fan for starters, it only took mine about 2 mths to get this dirty. put is this way i used a whole can of duster and had to vacuum my floor when i was done. lol im disapointed in myself for letting it get that bad i cant believe mine wasnt overheating even with cpu fan goin out- thats y i had it apart

Good call neversleeps, forgot about that. I recently took the fan off my Dell laptop and saw that it was full of dust. try cleaning out your fan and heatsink if you can before spending any moeny for repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom