Help with nasty situation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
Here is my situation, and its a messy one:
I tried to reinstall/repair my XP last night because of spyware infection, but for some reason, it gets stuck at 34 mins left forever and seemed to be missing some file so couldn't continue. So right now, I can't boot to windows, I can't finish installing, I am basically stucked!!
I can't boot from XP CD because it is a copied version, not a retail one? And I tried to use Win 98 boot disk to boot to DOS, but can't detect CD ROM and can't detect other HDs either because of NTFS

How can I fix this mess?
Is it possible to make NTFS back to FAT32? So that I can install my OS to the HD on another computer which can detect CD ROM?

THanks for any suggestion~

A copied CD shouldn't cause problems. What might have happened is that the CD got scratched or otherwise corrupted.

Your best bet is to borrow a WinXP CD from a friend. Just to clarify, this isn't illegal as long as you have your own purchased license number (which should be on the side of your case). Once you have installed windows using your own CD key, just make a copy of the disc again.

Thx for the suggestion. I fixed the probem by borrowing XP CD and reinstall everything

Now I need a good anti virus program, any suggestion?
macaffee doesn't work for some reason, and I heard Norton slows connection down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom