cant delete program

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy78951

Baseband Member
I downloaded a game demo from 3dgamers.com and now when i try to delete the download icon I get this message.I had no problem downloading and deleting the game but it is like I am still hooked up to there server or something.plz help me get rid of this I am sure it has something running in the back round that doesnt need to be.thanks

Look at the properties of the software, it seems to me that the software may have been set to read only at the time of installation. I have seen this happen many times. Software writers don't think that you should ever delete their work so they set the properties to read only to prevent you from doing this. Right click on the software then click properties. Tke the check mark out of the box that says read only.

it says-some other person or program is use this file-I am the only one useing this computer no other accounts on it.

There is no check mark on read only thanks though

Ctrl alt delete.I have 38 processes running.But some are named the same exact thing like I have 5-svchost.exe-is that normal?
I wish i could upload a screene

5 is normal, go to start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, click disable all but recheck you antivirus and reboot, then delete the program

Safe mode doesnt do it

5 is normal, go to start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, click disable all but recheck you antivirus and reboot, then delete the program This didnt work either.

Thanks for the help.Anymore ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom