computer off or on during the night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I leave my older one on 24/7. Lowers possibility of data corruption and also mechanical failure time. Newer computers dont really have that much of a problem with this, though. May shorten the life span, but not noticably. Think of it like a car, the worst thing you can do to it is start it. However, newer systems are fairly robust, so its not as harmful as it would of been to an older system.

i turn my computer off depending on how i feel...

sometimes i want it off for more than 2 days...and sometimes i never turn it off for weeks!

My computer is always on because I am always downloading things at night. I don't think my computer has been off for more than 1 day in 2 years.

as long as your fans are clear of dust and nothing is overheating then i dont see why you really need to turn your pc off...i leave mine on because like mikee im usually downloading or doing a scan on my pc...i defrag my pc once a week so yea i leave it on for that as well :)

talldude123 said:
what is defragging your hard drive?

jk :p

i only do that once a month, i do know what it is.

hahaha...i was like...r u serious :eek:

but i have 2 hard drives with 2 partions each...so by the time i do a defrag each...its been a month lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom