$600.00 budget gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagamot

Solid State Member
If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it.
I have $600.00 to spend on building an average gaming system.
My previous computer was a Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz with 1 gig RAM and an NVidia 5500 FX AGP vid card and I was able to play Battlefield 2 with settings on low which was OK but I want a system that I can play with graphics on med or high if possible.
I already have a monitor, keyboard, soundcard and speakers.
What I need is a CPU/motherbaord combo, 1 GB RAM, vid card (preferably PCIe), computer case, power supply, SATA hard drive and a CDRW/DVDRW drive.
I will be using the computer for everday task's such as internet, email, word proccessing, burning CD's, watching movies, music and playing Battlefield 2. Considering, I have experience with P4's which I think is good for gaming, I am also curious as to how AMD performs in gaming compared to P4's.
If you think I can get all of this with just 600.00, please tell me where.
Thanks.
P.S. I don't have a credit card so I will be doing my shopping at Fry's Electronics www.outpost.com since I only live 20 minutes away from their store.

well for that budget you can't get a real good gamign system i would advise you to atleast a $800-$900 budget. However if you want to game and also do multi tasking stuf i would go with an amd x2 3800+ and atleast a 6800GS or 6800GT however ur budget is low ofr the system you would like to build if you get a normal amd 64 there not to great for multi tasking but however there good for gaming but the amd dual core would be the best way for you to go. Intel is not good for gaming if you go and look up reviews you well find out that amd is better for gaming right now.

Maybe you can just upgrade your video card, your previous system is not bad. It was mostly your video card that was holding your back.

schulz269 said:
if you have a bank account i would advise using paypal you can transfer your money to them and then pay newegg with it i was comparing prices and well that site jsut sucks i well let you decide that tho...

here is both links to the same dual core amd processor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103562

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4521607?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Wow, and I thought Fry's was dirt cheap. Pay Pal sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom