Cost of building a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardeez1

Baseband Member
Hey,

I've never built a computer before, and I don't really need another one, but I really want to build one just for fun. I don't got very much money to spend (saving for college) but I was reading a post that was saying you could build a basic one for $378 ?? is that true? And will it actually be able to do some stuff? If it is I definitely want to build one. Thanks.

What kind of things do you want it to do?
Just surfing the net, wordprocessing and basic games then yes you could.

If you want to do more, I suggest you save your money until you have about 1k to get a nice one.

brinks said:
What kind of things do you want it to do?
Just surfing the net, wordprocessing and basic games then yes you could.

If you want to do more, I suggest you save your money until you have about 1k to get a nice one.

well to be honest w/ u i just kind of want to build one .. lol, & maybe mess around w/ it a little. but yeah maybe i should wait & build a better one.

You could go and buy any old comp that you can find and then take it apart and then build it again. you could have fun taking it apart and assembling again. :p

thebleakness said:
You could go and buy any old comp that you can find and then take it apart and then build it again. you could have fun taking it apart and assembling again. :p

ha yeah i could do that i guess.. but it'd be kinda weird & pointless.

look in the BST for old parts that you can assemble together. Make it a server then or a print server so you don't need all that in your room. It would be cheap, free maybe. A lot of people will give the older stuff away if you pay shipping. then you can build till you feel comfortable with builds

royalk4 said:
look in the BST for old parts that you can assemble together. Make it a server then or a print server so you don't need all that in your room. It would be cheap, free maybe. A lot of people will give the older stuff away if you pay shipping. then you can build till you feel comfortable with builds

Ok, what is the BST ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom