Cant get rid of some spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
I dont know how I got this spyware on my system, I mean I use firefox and all but whatever. Symantec Antivirus corp edition 10 keeps giving me a popup every hour or so telling me it has either quarantined or deleted Adware.whatever and I cant seem to make it stop doing this, no matter how I try to get rid of it. I've tried spybot S&D, Ad-Aware SE personal, but I dont know what else to try to get rid of it. Any ideas?

try aluria it works very well and has a built in firewall that will work even with 56k dialup. aluria requires a payment like norton and its about the same price. it provides spam, spy/adware, and virus protection. if aluria cant take care of the problem then it is embedded in your system32 .dll files. DO NOT **** WITH THOSE!!! unless you know exactly what you are looking for. if it is something like zeno search assistant do a search for it and see if you can find the file path the software uses(not a search on your comp, on the net) i have a link somewhere that has info on tons of spyware programs but i cant remember what i did with it. also get window washer, hehe same stuff nasa and the nsa uses. will wipe out all the things on your computer that were "deleted." and also smitREM helps alot too.

yea ones like that are embedded in the system32 .dll files. hard to get rid of if you dont know what you are doing. but again aluria provides great security for most computers. ad-aware is ok it doesnt have the extensive library that more expensive programs come with. the reason i suggest aluria is because it has a great library and is reasonably priced. but you guys may know of another that works better so ya.

Follow these instructions carefully.

Everyone should have all 7 of these programs on their machines for spyware issues and should be scanned as often as possible, 1 program at a time. They are all free, except for Ewido, which is free for 30 days. Before you run these programs, make sure you check for updates and download the updates, then close the program and re-open it. Doing this will load the new spyware definitions.

Ad Aware SE Personal

Ad-Aware VX2 Cleaner Plug-In 2.0

Spybot Search & Destroy

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware

HijackThis!

Ewido Free for 30 days

Host File

The programs below this line, do not download unless asked too. These programs are optional and don't really need to be installed on your system unless you have stubborn spyware that require these programs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About Buster

KillBox

L2m Fix

CW Shredder
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow these steps

Delete the prefetch folder C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch, this folder will come back on next reboot.

Delete all cookies and temporary internet files in the control panel.

Go to Start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, disable everything except your antivirus, click apply, dont reboot yet.

Download Msconfig Cleanup below

Msconfig Cleanup

Run Msconfig Cleanup after you unchecked the items you were told to uncheck and recheck, click "Select All", then click "Clean up Selected", then click "Quit".

Now run each spyware program 1 by 1. Running all 6 at the same time will slow most systems down.

When each program has finished scanning, remove everything.

For Microsoft Antispy, after it has finished scanning, some items will/might be on ignore, you will need to select remove unless the program is valid such as VNC Viewer, etc.

Open the registry and delete this key if present

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1614895754-854245398-1417001333-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Go to search, type in Winstall, if you see it, delete it. It will be on the root of the C: drive.

Next go back to search and type in html. If your background has been changed, there are 1 to 2 html files that need to be deleted. When the search has finished, sort them by date, newest first, open the html file to make sure it looks like your desktop, and the close it, and delete it. If you only see one, thats fine.

Now go to the recycle bin and delete everything that is in it.

Now go to control panel, display, desktop, customize desktop, web, click on security and then click delete, if you dont see security, thats good, dont worry about this step then.

When finished with the scans, reboot, and go into Safe Mode and run these scans again, remove everything they find, and then reboot back into Windows in normal mode.

Then run HiJackthis!

Save the log, copy and paste the log on www.techist.com
Do not attach the log, copy and paste always. This will make things go much faster.

When you have posted your second, third, etc. log and everything has been cleared, re-scan your system, check everything, then on the bottom right hand corner, click "Add Checked to Ignore List", click "Yes", and thats it. The next time you have a problem and you see an entry, this will be a lot faster to troubleshoot.

Now download this CCleaner Free

Run it, make sure all boxes are checked, cick "OK" when a prompt as you a question, then click "Run Cleaner"
Next go to Issues, click "Scan for issues" , then click "Fix Selected Issues...." click "No" , then clicl "Fix all selected issues", click "OK", click "close", then close the programs and thats it.

i dont trust ad-aware....i have seen it put spyware on your computer and windows defender has piked it up and deleted it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom