new pc bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
fan controller problem

i just finished putting everything together and installed in this order:
windows pro,video drivers,sp2,audio drivers,mobo drivers,upgraded all firmware.
then i had to get pci raid controller for my ide harddrives(mobo came with only one ide slot)
so i installed raid card
i also went and got a fan for northbridge and one case fan
now the problems:
1)mobo has 2system ,1cpu,1power fan connectors
and the speed control is all faqued up i cant even adjust cpu fan speed(speed control works on random)
2)i tried to use speedan HD tune and some other soft and as soon as i select slave drive from raid card the pc freezes completely
3)system fan1 connector is not even detected by windows but the fan runs full speed
system2 fan connector is detected but speed control doesnt work

im also using Silent Tek program that came with mobo and it doesnt work either (cant calibrate fans)

i mean this whole thing just drives me nuts

Sounds like some configuration is bad. Explain something please. If you got a PCI raid card How are you using it? A raid setup like striped or mirrored?

none of that i dont have raid set up i just bought the card so i can get acess to my harddrives since i got all software on them and i dont know any other way
(mobo came with only primary IDE slot and i have my cdrom and system drive on it
the rest is that **** sata connectors
plus they re different size

but the startup screen keeps buggin me askin to create a raid set how can i get rid of that ?

so i reformatted and reinstalled windows and got rid of raid pci card
installed all the drivers and updates along with chipsed drivers all the good stuff .

and same thing
sysfan-still not detected but spins
sysfan2 detects and spins but speed control is faqd up
power fan(hd fan) spins and detects but speed control faqd up
cpu fan spins at constant speed not able to adjust speed at all
i mean i tried every trick i know and still no change
is it possible that i burned my cpu fan when i accidentally misalligned the pins?
| | | |
oooo___<fan
_| | | |
_""""""""___<mobo

i wrote customer support but they havent ansvered yet

ohand yesterday the CPU fanjust stopped on random and i tried to calibrate it with silenttek and it gave me an error
im really frikkin confused and ****ed off
how can i check if winbond is working properly or if i got the right driver for it?

ok i switched around the fans and its not faulty cpu fan because it works when plugged in sysfan2 connector
so the cpu connector or mobo is faulty or bios is fuked up
because it still impossible to regulate cpu fan speed and sysfan1 is not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom