bottle neck and socket type question

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE_VERN

Baseband Member
I have a P4 3.4 OC to 3.65 and i was wondering if this would bottle neck me with a 6600, i don't think it would. and if there is a big increase in performance in going from a socket 478 to a AMD 939(really want a X2!!):) :D

ok you question is hard to understand....are you asking if the 6600 will bottleneck the P4 or the AMD ??

if its the P4 no it wont but i sudgest spending that little bit extra and getting the 6600GT...you wont regret it :)

as for the amd....socket 478 to 939 will be a big diffrence if you get X2 processor...

well i was thinking about building a whole new system with PCI-E to support the new dx10 cards, cause i don't think they will make them for AGP. but i wanted to know if my CPU would be bottle necked. So is there a large performance increase with the 939 socket type? don't care about AM2 or 940, maybe the conroe though. hah:D

your P4 shouldnt be bottlenecked....the dx10 cards will most likly not be coming out in AGP form.....939 yes there is a perfomance increase because of the better processor type...and getting the x2 you wouldnt be going wrong...the conroe will be good as well ;)

Thanks for your time. has there been a price for vista, or some kind of estimations of that sort??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom