how exactly do you pinpoint a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saucz

Baseband Member
I know that i have a problem with my build but how can i figure what the problem is? I know i'm supposed to install the ram video, cpu and heatsink. But that's already 4 variables there. If there is a problem with the mobo, no matter what it is, does it not post?

you describe what you have, what you've done, and the symptoms in the Hardware troubleshooting forum. :) I mean, here is good too, but searching the troubleshooting forum may lend more results.

Ryan

to pinpoint problems it takes time, but when you put so much money into the computer youll take the time to test everything, running programs prime helps. and checking your drivers and stuff like that also if its a hardware problem bios beeps help, my mobo has a little lcd display that tells me =)

I like to disassemble the entire computer down to the Power supply, motherboard, processor and ram. Start adding components one at a time, and when it no longer works, you know what piece is causing the problem. I actually had a 10/100 lan card preventing a computer from booting. Don't ask, I don't know.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom