all cappet O.O

Status
Not open for further replies.

hednik

Baseband Member
all carpet :(

Quick question. My whole apartemtnis carpeted and the sad excuse for a kitchen is too small to do anything. Are there precautions i can take to prevent satic electricity other than grounding myself?

Don't wear a big wool sweater when doing this, take off your socks, and don't touch any plastic chairs lol. Other than that ground yourself again!

wear an antistatic wristband if you don't already have one. $5 at your local electronics store

roll on the carpet for 5 min till every single body hair rises. then touch the cpu first. then roll around more w ur cpu on ur hand. then make sure u bend every single pins on the back of cpu. smash it in ur mobo using hammer. o btw make sure u have the right electricity first. u can just unscrew light bulb and touch the bare connection w/ wet hands. if u feel funny, its working. ppl dies w/o right knowledge of building computer.

(and just to let u know, i wont be responsible for anything i said.)

Lol! Well Fed ex arrived at 1:30 pm, 3 hours later windows installed and not a single hitch, other than my PSU being to big and me having to relocate a fan. Not to bad for a first time build :) BTW used a anti static wrist band and sat my butt there the whole time as to not chance some major static electricity haha. Thanks for all the help with the questions ive asked over the past week or so. Oh btw I got a 3500+ venice but cpu-z says it's a manchester core, does that matter. The week of manufactuer says 0550, so im assuming it won't be much of an oc'er.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom