Computer Won't Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still havnt figured it out... i even bought new memory, 256mb ddr ram... but i still hear no post.... i have the case speaker plugged in too... i even took out the cpu and left in the memory only and still i hear no post....

davidp423 said:
i still havnt figured it out... i even bought new memory, 256mb ddr ram... but i still hear no post.... i have the case speaker plugged in too... i even took out the cpu and left in the memory only and still i hear no post....

i even took out the cpu and left in the memory only and still i hear no post....

The computer wouldn't post anyway if there is no CPU. Looks like one piece of hardware is dead.:(

Pretty good for the price, I don't like the brand that much but you should be alright. First make sure that it's your motherboard that dead and not your cpu.

David.....
Re-install the Cpu with new thermal grease.
I still find those memory jumpers confusing..... verify they are installed correctly!
* See pgs. 8 and 15.
What is the ampere rating of the 12volts on your PSU?
Can you have the Cpu tested at a local computer shop ?
** Don't let the warranty expire on your board/ Cpu before you do a RMA.

JKnPA said:
David.....
Re-install the Cpu with new thermal grease.
I still find those memory jumpers confusing..... verify they are installed correctly!
* See pgs. 8 and 15.
What is the ampere rating of the 12volts on your PSU?
Can you have the Cpu tested at a local computer shop ?
** Don't let the warranty expire on your board/ Cpu before you do a RMA.
i will try to reinstall with thermal grease and the memory jumpers are correct.... im not sure about the psu though but i know its 420 Watts... ill get the stuff tested at a local computer shop.... and ill get back as soon as possible

thanks

David....
The wattage rating is 'Misleading'.......
Look on the side of the PSU case, it will tell you the amps rating of the voltages.
What is the amps rating of the 12volt rail ????
* What is the exact model# of the PSU ?

JKnPA said:
David....
Look on the side of the PSU case, it will tell you the amps rating of the voltages.

the model Number is " L & C, LC-B400ATX"

JKnPA said:
David....

Dude, he's a pentium 4 1.7GHz, intergraded video and 128 ram. I can run that on an old pentium 2 power supply. You don't need 25 Amps on the 12V rail to run that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom