new PSU - wth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update - I installled Chronicles of Ridd1ck and it works just fine so i doubt my CPU is overloading when i play Deus Ex since Ridd1ck is a much newer game and requires more CPU power. I tried using the windows program compatibility wizard and set Deus ex to run on 98/98se and in 640 * w.e resolution and i got to the menu. When i clicked mulitplyer then internet it crashed my computer again. My only guess on wut it is would be Windows sincei can catch that blue screen when it crashes and when i started the computer back up, windows wants me to send an error report. I'm runnin XP Profession with SP2.

I had a similar problem with my problem. It turned out I had the RAM in the wrong slots. Look at your mobo manual and make sure your ram is in the right spot. Also, have you made any recent upgrades (besides PSU) that might have cause this?

i checked the mobo manual and it doesnt say anything about where to put the stick of RAM, i only have two slots and one of them is being used. I built the computer in Jan. of this year and the only thing i've upgraded since then was the PSU. For some reason, after i installed Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal (i think its personal, w.e the free stuff is) and then when i start it, windows says theres no disc in the drive, please insert a disc. Before i formatted my HD the last time, ad-aware SE worked fine.

tried puttin my ram in the other slot.. ridd1ck still works but deus doesnt. and once again... i'm not reformating... tried that 5 times already and i dont feel like wastin my time again. I honestly think its windows (runnin XP Pro with SP2 NOT x64-bit either) but i also dont kno that much about this kind of problem so yea.....

PLEASE HELP I HAVENT PLAYED DEUS EX IN SO LONG!

OK I JUST BOUGHT GUILD WARS ($50) AND NOW IT DOESNT WORK SO I REALLY NEED HELP! i dont want $50 to go down the drain cause of my computer..... What do u think is causing my computer to just crash when i play certain games. Ridd1ck works just fine and last time i played, Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge worked fine too.

Try a different brand of ram, such as Mushkin, Kingston, etc.
G.Skill ram is most likely the culprit.
It appears that you also went semi-cheap on the mobo, I dont know much about those other than my own, but maybe thats a culprit as well?

what deus ex is it, if its the origanl the do what you can to fix it, if its the second one, then go put it in the microwave and, never speak of it again

Endofsanity - i've already said I REFORMATTED 5 TIMES AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK! i thought i made that clear but i'm reformattin again since AIM isnt workin.

deus ex is the GOTY edition but its also from a bitcomet and i think that might be the problem. But idk why limewire wouldnt work. i've gotten a couple other programs from bitcomet that worked but i dont really trust the program nemore and i'm buyin all my software or gettin it from my brother who probably has it now.

reformattin now so i'll keep you updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom