I think I have a dud CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
I have a Athlon XP 2800+ Barton. Does anyone know of any overclocking issues with this CPU?

It runs stock at 2.0 GHz, but I have it overclocked to 2.1 (200x10.5) instead of the normal 166X12.5. I have tried changing it to 200x11, but then it is very unstable, even at higher voltages. I've tried it at 166x13, but it barely even boots!

I've seen people here with Barton 2500+ running at 2.6 GHz, so then I must assume my CPU is fried or just not a good overclocker. Am I right in my assumption, or am I doing something wrong?

My Mobo and the rest of my setup is in my Sig.

Thanks

it might be your ram, do you have dividers? when you say pc3200 RAM, its kind of a give that its value or sucks.

If you have regular value ram and are not running dividers, that explains why your overclock is not effective.

Ryan

I've tried running dividers as well, and it doesn't seem to work. But I shouldn't need dividers when I'm trying to run it with the 166x13 setup should I, not when PC3200 RAM can easily handle a 200MHz FSB?! Or does valueram not underclock very well either?

Oh, no, if that's the case, you should be fine up to 200mhz fsb... I don't know what the issue could be. What's your voltage?

Ryan

The voltage is currently set at 1.7V. What's worrying me a bit, is the fact that I have it set to 1.7V in the BIOS, but in Everest it shows 1.74V. Is that bad?

So if it is good, what now? I sat and stared at the Everest screen, and I saw the voltage jump from 1.74V to 1.73V about every 30 seconds. And during Prime95, it jumps to 1.76V once every 10 minutes. Is THAT bad for OC? Is my mobo not good for overclocking? Or is my CPU knackered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom