Building my own Gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0ntcar3

In Runtime
Ok, so i was wondering if anybody knew sites where i can purchase parts for a laptop as well as a bare laptop casing etc. I would like to build my own since alienware is a joke for prices as are most places that do custom laptops.

I've build numerous desktops and i'm sure i could find a walkthrough or some kind of direction to put a laptop together.

Just having some trouble finding anywhere to actually get laptop specific parts etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

It may or may not be possible but i figure its gotta be since there are a number of companies online that customize them such as alienware/cyberpowerinc/ibuypower etc.

If its not thats good to know but if it is would like to know if there is a good place to get started with parts.

It's possible, but extremely uneconomical. Laptops are not for gaming. If you want to game, you buy a desktop. If you want to go to lans, you get a microATX form factor case.

Ryan

I want a laptop for school but also has the ability to game. I play dark age of camelot occasionally and i do things where i login 3-4 accounts. So i dont want to build another desktop as i already have one. I just want a laptop that will be able to dual log that i can also take to school with me since i do homework in the library cause i cant concentrate at home with roomates.

I think the Asus z71v comes with a card that can be swapped.

It only comes with a 6600GT GO but you can buy a 7800GTX GO from Dell. (you may have to get a stronger power supply also)

Yes, but like i just said i sometimes play where i need to login 3-4 clients... since 1 computer can only login 2 i want my laptop to be able to run the other 1-2. Not to mention i travel every year a few times and would like to be able to game on the plane etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom