C.O.M.P Question Regarding Memory and Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

threemooses

In Runtime
how well will this systme run new power using games like battle field 2 and hlaf life 2and quake 4

amd x2 3800
asus a8n force 4
2 gigs of valuselect corsiars ram
evga 6800 gs

does hd really matter in gaming i mean i know that it is what hold all the info for the game but that doesn't matter in perofrmance if it does i think im going to get a hitachi deckstar 80 gb

now i know that some people are going to say i should get a 7800 gt (if i am going to game and i am)and i agreed with them then they said that i should get 2 gigs of ram as well.. well that was too mcuh money and i decided to keep the 2 gigs and switch down to a 6800 gs i know that this is also a good card for the money (thats key) it was rated top mainstream card in pc world (wether thats a creditable source or not iono). so in the end i am going to us my pc for mostly probly gaming then like music managing and internet stuff .

so should i stick withthe setup i have now or change to a 7800 gt and then get just one gig . or should i change somthing else like cpu or mobo

ok i relize that thats like three questions in one my bad i guess i want to know what setup will run those games better

6800 gs + 2 gigs of ram or
7800 gt+ 1 gig of ram

You should get the 6800GS and replace it with a new card later.

The Hard drive matters in gaming. It slows down every load time before and during the game.

WD1600JS is good and cheap.

any 7200RPM will do the job...as long as u dont get 5400RPM its all fine..HD is not the biggest facor in gaming...more to RAM and GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom