Strange Problem Loading Windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

amarjitamarNew

Beta member
Dear All,
This is my first message. Wish you all my greetings.

I am having a strange problem with a PII machine. Previusly the PII machine was running fine when there was some virus problem and the same need to be formatted. I formated the same and the problem arose.

The DOS was loaded successfully. but when i was trying to load windows only the 1st setup screen of windows setup was displayed and then suddenly the computer booted.
This problem is persisting. I am unable to load windows on the machine.

Can anyone tell me what is the problem and what are the things needs to be diagnosed to correct the problem.

regards
Amarjit

Are you using a CD to install 98? Can you machine boot from CD? Your best bet is to try and use a boot disc that will also load CD drivers and from there start the Windows 98 Setup.

BootDisk should have one that you need.

Dear Sir,

My booting process is as follows:

I first formatted the Hard Disk and transfered the System to the formatted drive C:

Then copied the Win98 directory that contains all CAB file that windows need to load.

I am running setup from drive C: directly under win98 directory.

After scanning the disk drives , it is continuing with loading the windows and gets reseted.

Any more suggestions or recomendations.

regards
Amarjit

Okay so you are installing from a hard drive. But where did you get the files from that you are using to install from? Did you rip a CD to your hard drive? If you just copied your old files that were already installed that is where your problem lies. You need some important files taht are on the disk to install. Get your hands on a copy of Windows 98SE. Burn it to CD and then install.

Shouldnt be to hard to find 98SE. It is not supported by M$ anymore and considered abondanware and can be shared across the net legally now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom