ATI Vs nVidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
I bet once the 7900 is released, people will start saying "wait for the 8800"

i can pretty much garentee people will start saying that....oh just wait cause the 8800 series is just around the corner and its so much better because its got this and its got that.....

if you keep waiting you will never end up geting a new card....i normally just by the mid range cards.....like i got the 5700le for 200 then i got the 6600GT for 250.....then ill upgrade to the 7*** series when they drop in price...
(keep in mind all price listed above ^^ are in AUD)

they already are man...they already are. People who have a 7800gt are going, I'll wait for G80....gl with that!

BennyV04988 said:
they already are man...they already are. People who have a 7800gt are going, I'll wait for G80....gl with that!

well i dont see why they dont just keep there 7800GT for a while...there is nothing wrong with that card and it will be able to play upcoming new realese games anyway....the G80 will be overpriced as every video card is when it first comes out...wait till the G100 or watever is going to be released then get the G80 for over less than half the price it is when it first comes out....

video cards i tend to think are a waste of money when buying them when they first come out...its pointless spending over $1000 AU for a video card that in 3-4 months will be about 400-500

well thats how i see it anyways :eek:

You made my point exactly. Whenever (ok the 2 times) I have asked about cards, people always say "wait a few months till the ATI xxxxxxx comes out" or "no point buying a card now as the the new ones will be out of date". I am not the kind of person to just hand over £400 ($800) just to have the top card. My funds just won't reach that far. Oh and FghtinIrsh, it's February. How many new cards have been released this year? None as far as I can see. I know technology goes at a stunning rate and we will see new cards this year but some of us have smaller pockets!! I am now probably going to go with the x1800xl as this fits exactly what I want. It's quite a bit cheaper than the 7800 and has the same kind of spec.
All the reviews mark it down because it doesn't have SLi (or crossfire) and as spending a fortune for two cards is pointless seeing as the gfx card is not the limiting factor on most cases.

HugeF1 said:
Oh and FghtinIrsh, it's February. How many new cards have been released this year? None as far as I can see. I know technology goes at a stunning rate and we will see new cards this year but some of us have smaller pockets!! I am now probably going to go with the x1800xl as this fits exactly what I want. It's quite a bit cheaper than the 7800 and has the same kind of spec.

When I say year, I don't mean from January 1 till now... Think about it. It means 'over the course of the previous 365 days'. And if you're telling me about not having a lot of money... I guess you didn't look at my sig. I had an X700 and am thrilled to upgrade to a 6800GS. I'm just looking for a card to span the rest of the life of DX9.

Ryan

It's the amount of money nVidea pay the games publishers, it's got nothing to do with how well it runs the game.

BennyV04988 said:
I'm waiting for the G80/R600. I don't want to dump any more money on DX9 cards.

Its true though. "The way its meant to be played"....Look up the reviews for the specific games. It makes a difference. My brothers geforce Ti 4200 can still play UT2004 rather smooth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom