Video Card Upgrade??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockinfigs

Beta member
Hi.. i have a AMD x2 4200+ computer that came with a ATI radeon xpress 200 integrated video..well i want to upgrade so can i buy a video card and install that into the computer? will it bypass the integrated ati xpress200? what kind of card do i need agp or pci or etc.. im kinda clueless about these things..

iuse my computer mainly for internet and softwares..i dont play games but want a better video card thks

First off, I will guess you have PCI-E because of that processor. What is your budget? the best card for your use is probobly a 6600GT.

i dont want to spend more than $150 ...now what will happen to the integrated ati radeon xpress 200 if i install another ATI video card??

Ok you have pci express. I agree with powerslave that the Nvidia 6600gt would be your best bet. right now on newegg.com they are between $115 and $150. For the integrated graphics you would just unistall the drivers, set bios to use the pci graphics instead of onboard, load the drivers for your new card and bingo. Gaming heaven.

PS make usre you buy a pci express video card and NOT A AGP CARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom