Good games for a LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
Can anyone recommend some good games to play on a LAN? We currently have about 8 people playing, most of us have low paying jobs or are still in school/university, so our rigs aren't that state or the art.

Here are the games that we play at the mo:

Half Life
Counter Strike
Unreal Tournament 2004
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Our worst computer that we are running is a 1.4ghz I think, but it runs UT2k4 O.K. That's basically all you'd need to consider I guess, we're lookin for a game to break the monotony of the FPS genre, as you see, all our games are FPS cept NFS, which we normally just play when we get bored.

One of our players doesn't want to play strategy games that take an hour to set up a base and destroy the enemy, and then another hour for the rest of the players to get beaten so we can start another game. If anyone has any suggestions to some fun games we could play, that'd be great. We still need some good, solid FPS games too though.

Cheers all!
:D

Add some of the Battlefield games to that list (BF2, BF 1942) BF2 should run fine on the 1.4GHz machine. I have a friend who recently upgraded from a 1.4GHz P4 rig and he was able to play BF2.

You shouldn't take an hour to build up your base and another to beat everybody, if you play it right you can get a base set up and a decent attack force in about 10 - 12 minutes from beggining of the game. Starcraft and Warcraft III are some of the best LAN games out there. Personaly I think UT04 and Counter-Strike are enough shooters to last a LAN party but if you really need another shooter I guess you can download and play America's Army which is a great shooter, but if one of your guys is impatient as a 2 year old then he probably won't like that because if you die you have to wait till the next round.

Call of Duty 1 and it's expansion are awsome games and are great at LAN parties.

Thanks guys, I might check out DOD now that you mentioned it. One of our guys isn't impatient, he plays CS without playing after dying and waiting for the rest of the round. I'm not a real big fan of RTS either when you get knocked out and then have to wait about an hour for the rest of the people to kill each other, etc. I've got Call of Duty, and BF1942. Is eight people enough to play those games with though? I played BF1942 briefly just to see how it was, and it seems like you need alot of people to make it worth while. And I've only played the SP of COD.

Buy halo [SNIPPED], Burn onto a disc with th LAN app and install into all the computers.

COD is good for lan...but CODUO is alot better.....Call of duty : united offence is still played at alot of lan centers and lan parties...

CS, CZ, CS: S are all good for lan also....BF2 isnt to bad either...

COD: UO is really good if you have 8 people, just make sure you don't pick a huge map unless you want sniper matches which are always fun. 4 on 4 deathmatches are very fun at LAN parties. You can pick up the expansion, and they can buy the set that has both COD and United Offensive. But the origional COD is still fun, but UO is better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom