What can i do to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
to cut down the price of my gaming/normal use computer... ive already changed a lot like getting a cheap keyboard & mouse, cheaper processor and 1 gig ram instead of 2. but i styll need to cut down maybe like 200 more dollars, or 150 is good enuff, can u guys please see if i could get anything cheaper on any of these items that wouldnt make a HUGE difference..

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz Socket 939 (maybe a 3000+ if not a big difference?)

Power Supply:Antec TruePower 2.0 TPII-550 ATX12V 550W (do you guys think a 480 W one would be more than enough to power these specs?)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce 6800GS PCI-E 256MB (i once considered the 6600GT, but i heard how bad it was..)

Dvd Burner(BLACK): NEC ND-3550 16x Double Layer (I like NEVER BURN ANYTHING AT ALL but one of my friends says i have to have a drive that can read DVDS because games will be put on DVD instead of CDS.. and he said my hard drive ^ cant read dvds....is that true? if not i wil not get this..)

LCD Monitor: ViewSonic Xtreme VX922 19" 2 ms 650:1 (this i styll dont know about.. its so expensive.. but i really dont know any other monitor i can get becuz every1 says this monitor is the "best" and its "perfect")

p.s - this isnt my full system becuz the stuff i didnt post up was not important and was cheap enough. these r the only things i'm worried about... thanks.

the monitor .. .if oyur making a budget pc why d oyou need an excellent monitior just get like an 8ms or 12 ms i dont see any ghosting on my screen but yea hthats goingt odrop the price alot .. keep the proc and the ram was a smart choice my frien :D

hmm, got any monitors in mind that u might recommend me, i want 19 inch for sure though. and thanks for the help i will look into the lcds more.

is crt monitors an option, they're kinda cheaper than lcd and offers exceptional performance.

haah i really wanna go with a CRT, that way i can maybe upgrade to 2 gigs of ram.. but the thing is my desk aint really got that much room you know, unless u can find me a pretty small one. the width of my desk is approximately 50 cm, so u think u can find a crt that is 30 cm or less in width becuz i dont want the screen RIGHT in front of my face, my eyes will hurt a lot.. thanks.

u could go with a forton 450w psu. and i know of an acer lcd monitor thats not as good as that viewsonic but its good enough and its around 215? i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom