power supply problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

underworld288

In Runtime
ok, I got this new power supply (600W Powmax ATX) and I'm pretty shure that my motherboard is an ATX style board, but the power connectors on the power supply is a 20-pin connector and I need a 24-pin, am I going to have to get a new power supply???

Just plug it in. You don't need a 24 pin connector.

The 20 pin will only go in one way which is the right way. (leaves 4 pins blank)

are you sure turtile because when i boot the system windows starts to boot up but then when it is at the boot screen, then the screen goes green with a whole bunch of writing (that i can't read), then it restarts itself.

Do you connect the PCI X16 power connector to the card?

When you use the converter, you must connect to seperate molex cords. (molexes cannot be on the same connection)

hmmm looking at that psu it is actually 2 redundant 300w psu's. It also does not have many molexes and you will have to use converters for your video card and if you have any sata drives. Look at it as a blessing in disguise I dont think it will have enough juice for your 7800gt.

i got it all working now, for some reason all i had to do was reinstall windows to the hdds.

....thanks for all of the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom