AM2 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the gaming performance was depressing. Looks like Conroe is going to ream.

Thanks for the article though.

Ofcourse...its TGH...so authenticity is questionable.

Well, this preview of AM2 is just incredibly disappointing. Look at it, most bench's were SLOWER than current A64's. I would have to say Intel is going to win this battle. Just my $0.02.

Morse Code: . . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _

God help us all....AMD seems to be on the brink of total demise. AM2 is actually worse than 939! AHH! Abandon ship! Abandon ship!

its too bad... the two companies were really fighing it out and that led way for good prices and faster techs. looks like conroe is going to get rid of the competition. oh well hope for the best

Been saying for ages that high latency DDR is not a good combination with a low latency point to point bus regardless of clock frequencies

I also think people are highly overestimating Conroe and it's derivitives...as I've also been saying all along they're going to get killed by the reliance on the external memory controller and the resulting I/O bandwidth limitations from it which is where AMD is going to pick up huge ground...furthermore I fail to see what speculation there is with Conroe considering I've also been insisting for months that people read up on dothan...DOTHAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom