Intel stepping

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know what Intel steppings on a P4 overclock the best?
my stepping is 3208A653-0382

im finally upgrading my dell with a new mobo,video card, and case and can finally overclock.

i odnt think u can put new motherboards in a dell case?? i heard dell like combines the mobo and dell case together

They probably only fit correctly with the dell combo. but he said he was getting a new case and motherboard. Sorry, I don't know anything about early P4 steppings. It's a northwood, so I assume you'll be able to take it pretty far as long as you get good cooling.

Ryan

ok now that i know the CPU will go pretty far but i am only getting kingston value RAM how far do you think i could get with that?

like 5mhz overclock at most. Running a divider is your only hope. That's how I overclock though, so it's not a big deal.

Ryan

so i could get it up to around 2.4ghz if i run a memory divider and good colling. could i get 2.6ghz?

Northwoords die if you increase the voltage too much.
Overclocking early stepping Northwood cores yielded a startling phenomenon. When VCore was increased past 1.7 V, the processor would slowly become more unstable over time, before dying and becoming totally unusable. This is believed to have been caused by the physical phenomenon known as Electromigration, where the internal pathways of the CPU become degraded over time due to excessive electron energy. This was also known as Sudden Northwood Death Syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom