Windows Media..... cant fast forward movie clip??

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoxx2898

Solid State Member
I download a lot of Racing vids.....but somtime i get a to vid i cant fast forward on media player...... like say its a 5 min race.....and i dont want to watch the first 3 min i could click towards the center and watch......but on some vids it just starts the vid over....why?

This is due to the way they encode the file. It is as if your streaming it rather than viewing it. Thus you will usually see 340kbps or sumthin..nuthin can be done as far as I know.,

Depending on what type of file it is (avi, divx,xvid,mpeg) you can get other players that will play your files. if you can get the codec that can go with WMP then you will be able to advance in the clip..

Here are some Programs that you can use to get the codec that you need Divx Player, Vidomi these are the two that i use

Have fun and i hope this is useful

Win2kpatcher is right and i don't think any of those mentioned software will fix it. if you have an MPEG or DVD files, the only thing i have seen that can fast forward those is a home DVD player. this is if the dvd player on the computer cannot fast forward them.

ekÆsine said:
Win2kpatcher is right and i don't think any of those mentioned software will fix it. if you have an MPEG or DVD files, the only thing i have seen that can fast forward those is a home DVD player. this is if the dvd player on the computer cannot fast forward them.

That may be the case, Although i have made it work in other players with that certain file so either or it can work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom