Want to make a game?? PC only, express interest here

Status
Not open for further replies.
arnt pretty much all games formated in java i no a guy who created a chess baord battle thingy in doom and i think he said that most games are in java

In java? No I dont think so.

Many browser games are in java though, but majority of directX games are C, C++, and possibly even cobol, fortran, etc..

Java isnt as good for big games since you have to use the java virtual machine, which somewhat hinders performance but allows compatability on mac, windows and linux.

java for games dear god no!! Its slow and not as powerful as c++ .

most net games are java based but as you can always tell thier simple and never advanced. Also businesses seem to use java applications now.

most games on consoles and pc are made with c++ and using openGL or direct x.

I wasnt going for the "full scale game" im just talking a small project that we can all get our names on, and i wasnt going to replicate starcraft i just wanted the "feel" of it plus without any 3D moddeling it would make it that much easyer. Thanks to all the people who support the idear, but like i said its not definant but if the right amount of people are interested than maybe we could make something of it.

all dev's have to start somewhere, it wouldnt hurt to have your name on a project before you get into the buisness.

Ulti_DOOM said:
all dev's have to start somewhere, it wouldnt hurt to have your name on a project before you get into the buisness.

true

although doing a game using 3d modelling is easier to me, doing 2d using c++ and openGL is a pain! much easier if you use blitzbasic though :) .

Thats true, i got into 3D modeling a little bit but it wasnt my area though i can make a skin for a 3D model pretty well. When i was in school my friends and i made a photographic map of our school in Quake 3 it was almost exact. it also got us into a lot of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom