ATI Vs nVidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brtnboarder495 said:
Meh, it looks like since the G71 is still to only have 24 pipelines and faster clocks on a smaller die than the G70, the R600 may hold the video card crown now.
The R600 is going to go up against the G80, the G71 is going up against the R580 (X1900 series).

I did not realize the X1900XT was so far over $400, sorry. The 7800GT would probably be your best bet.

Yea, but unfortunetly the 7800GT will be showing it's age in the coming games. By this time next year, it's going to be like the 6800GT of this year.

yeah, it will still be a great card, Games themselves don't actually develop as fast as the hardware, so I should be fine for a few years at least. I am used to running games at 30-40 fps anyway, so even this card will be a dream!

HAVOC2k5 said:
The Rumor mill has the 7900GTX at 32 pipeline with 800Mhz core and 1800Mhz memory. Scoring 13000 easy with a FX-60 CPU.

yummy....
Funny, thats not what I read here:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29795

I hope thats not true, because if it is, the X1900 is probably still going to be faster. It's probably better that way anyway, it's never good for one compony to dominate. Wow, the tables are really turning it seems, intel coming up with conroe, ati wth the X1900...

HugeF1 said:
yeah, it will still be a great card, Games themselves don't actually develop as fast as the hardware, so I should be fine for a few years at least. I am used to running games at 30-40 fps anyway, so even this card will be a dream!

Don't hold your breath. We're in an especially vicous tech cycle right now. One of those years where everything just kinda goes a little too fast.

Ryan

"003" lol... I said, "Rumor Mill"

I doubt NVIDIA will release a refresher card that isn't going to compete with the 1900XT or XTX. Judging by the current "Mines bigger then yours" rat race in the the GPU tech wars, i'd say 750/1800 would be a necessity to compete.

the X1900 is the best right now, but dont bet on it soon. The 7900 will make a come back at around March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom