cpu temp 59c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekgnr

Baseband Member
My cpu temp is idling at 59c. I looked through the side of the computer case and it looks like wires might of came undone. I'm not an expert with computers so I'm not sure if I will know where to plug it back in if that's what happened.

Here's a pic, I don't know if you can see it good enough.

Attachments

• photo0007.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 77
are all of your fans running? specifically the one over your cpu. It is the one fan kinda in the middle of your motherboard.

I looked inside, everything seems to be plugged in.

I went in to bios and this is what I got

Chassis fan speed 0 RPM
CPU fan speed 1950 RPM
Chipset fan speed 0 RPM
Chassis fan2 speed 0 RPM

current CPU temp 38c

it says 38 there but on my digiatal display on the front of my comp it changes anywhere from 59c-62c. So I don't get it.

well the bios temp will be more correct than the display panel on the front of your computer....make sure you have pluged the display panel into the right socket...and is there anyway you can change the display panel to show other temperatures...i.e..graphics temps ??

The display only shows cpu and hdd temps. If I play a game it will get too high and my comp will go off or whatever it does so I can't play a game. Is there a way I can shut the display off? I don't know how it got messed up like this.

My bios temp and other programs temp are all around 30c-35c range for my cpu temp while my digital display is around 55c-60c. So it must be a false reading. The problem is that the computer thinks it's the digital display is the real reading when it's not so I can't run anything that makes the cpu hotter or it will shut it down. Why is it giving me a false reading all of a sudden? I had this comp for almost a year. I don't know how to fix this problem.

Lookup the display device on Google to see if theres some info on it. I don't know anything about those devices, but maybe you can disable the safety shutdown somehow. Or just disconnect its cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom