USB Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJCast05

Beta member
Ok well I just bought a new usb headset. I plugged it in and I am completely satisfied with it. I have creative stereo speakers which I use all the time more than the headset but...I wanted to know if I could somehow direct my sound from my headset to my stereo speakers while the usb headset is plugged in? And another question is that my usb headset only seems to work when i have them first plugged in and i turn on my computer or restart my computer. If I have my computer on and i plug them in they will not work. Anyone have a clue?? THanks

Just keep them plugged in...you are asking your puter to reinstall the device to a USB port for which it is already assigned and you would then have to reboot with it connected to be recognized. All you need to do to patch to your stereo is to use a 1/4" to RCA
http://www.trianglecables.com/255-055.html

Then direct into your stereo via RCA Cables. Capice? The headset is unaffected by the soundcard out and patch cables.

The plug in for the computer speakers is just a 1/4" Stereo Male speaker input it is the same as if it was a non usb headset. But I wanted to see If i could somehow direct my sound from my headset to my computer speakers without unplugging my headset. Oh and I am running on a laptop so my soundcard only has two inputs one for speakers and one for mic.

First of all, your headset is not the issue. Jus patch the sound out from the card as explained above. If you want to run both computer speakers and Stereo amp you simply buy a 1/4" splitter. You are confusing yourself here. The headset and sound out are not connected directly. If you want to install a USB soundcard, that would accomplish the same thing....you would still need to patch to the stereo from a separate source different from the headset.

I'm completely confused. So why would i have to buy a Stereo to a RCA connector if RCA has nothing to do with my sound system? And I tried your post but it confused me as well. Is there a way I could achieve the same result without buying anything extra?

Okay: Let me splain it better. you are using a USB headset which utilizes software to monitor sound. the output from your sound card is a hardware issue. There is no way, barring the purcahsing of a USB soundcard to throughput the audio to your stereo USB! All it takes is $5-$10 and a standard RCA Cable....Your headphones have nothing to do with getting your stereo signal to your stereo amplifier. Buy the 1/4" to RCA at Radio Shack. Plug an RCA stereo cable to the conversion jack (1/4" to RCA) and then plug the RCA cables into your stereo input! Now, If you want the computer speakers to function as well, just hook two splitters into the laptop sound card and run your puter speakers and stereo speakers from that jack (the soundcard jack on your laptop. Hopefully, you'll get the jist of what I am trying to communicate here.:confused: :D

Ok...i think i might of confused you I am not running a stereo or a stereo amplifier. My computer speakers are directly plugged into my computer. My computer speakers simply plug in through a headphone jack just like they would on any sound card on any computer. So bearing that in mind and having my headset plugged in as well. Having them both plugged in is there a simple method through control panel or another program which i could dl that i could simply switch off sound from computer speakers to headset? If that is what you are trying to explain to me then sorry for my lack of knowledge but the way you are explaining it to me just does not make any sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding just trying to get this to work!!!:confused: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom