bootlegged software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KL

Solid State Member
will a bootlegged copy of Microsoft Ofiice 2003 conflict with windows service pack 2???

I hope the title was just an attention graber... cause it doesn't have anything to do with you're question as written...

I'd say... no

really, I installed pirated office 2003 on friends pc which contains service pack 2 and now her pc turns on with a blank screen. Wht do you think is the problem, what should I do about it

Pirated software isn't to be discussed on tech-forums...

I'd say driver issues or something...

one of the situations in which I would just (back everything up) reinstall windows, and office then start over...

are you saying that office conflicted with drivers??? should I scrap office all together?

no... I was a bit vague...

you may have a bad copy... or the pc might have already had something wrong,.. such as a virus or spam... which could have interfered with the install and caused the problems afterwords...

my suggestion would be to simply reinstall windows... or to make things even easier... just do a repair...

EDIT:

http://www.openoffice.org/

try this... it's as good or better than M$ office

thank you
I apprecaite your help

It's very interesting though because the way that she describes the problem is that the she turned the computer on and the screen went white - no windows nothing. wierd huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom