Gay Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
OK well see if this makes any sense to you, ok well I have a DFI lanparty Ultra-D NF4 and before this weekend (Thursday) my PC was working just perfect and I mean perfect ok well today Tuesday I tried to get back on it and well it won't get past the bios loading screen (where it says Lanparty NF4 with the dude on it) now I tried changing my ram on it from slot 2 to slot 1 and then back to two and then it is still back on 1, now what do u guys suggest reseting the cmos? If so please tell me how to since I have no clue how to reset the cmos as this would be my first time.

you can look in your motherboard manual for the jumper settings to clear cmos...or you can just pull the cmos battery for about five minutes then put it back in. the cmos batter is the round one that looks kinda like a watch battery.

I have had a cmos reset fix a problem with a lan party before. dont know if it is the problem but worth a try. on the board they have a series of lights (I think 4 green ones) that tells you what stage of startup you are at. what light does it stop at?

This is news to me, I didn't know motherboards has a sexual preference... You could always reset the CMOS.

well on the bottom left hand corner I got 4 red lights and if you look at it llike reading a book left to right (america) it stops at the first light, I will try to take the battery out and see if tat fixes it.

ok it stops when it is detecting your dram. so it is a problem with the ram. do you have other sticks to try. I know you changed slots so you dont need to do that again but might be worth a shot. check out page 59 here http://us.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Manual/lputnf4 847505104.pdf
to see what the lights on the motherboard means. I would try to reset the cmos for fun. page 29 has the jumper settings to do this.

Why would it just not work though I mean I was sick over the past few days and that is why I havent gone on it but see now after it was working it doesn't start up on te next boot up.

had any recent power surges or power outages? were you doing any overclocking? made any recent changes? Unfortunately sometimes computers just suck.

no, no, no (exept reformat), yea true that but the ram I got was 1 gig of that twinmos which was recommended for great timings back in may '05, but I only got 512 mb in it now becuase I gave half to my dad I might take that stick and try it out I havent done the battery yet because my "loop" is in the way and it is a paing to get through it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom