Windows 2000 icons to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxSystem

Solid State Member
I have been using Windows XP Pro,but I wanna see my windows that looks like Windows 2000 Pro,I have changed my theme to classic but still there are some differences.

Are you have a theme to solve my problem,
or,
If you are users of Windows 2000 Pro,could you send me a copy of desktop icons to me?

Thanks all...

to change the desktop icons to windows 2000, right-click on the desktop and click properties. Click the "desktop" tab, click on "customize desktop", and click "change icon" on each of the icons. It opens the "system32" folder, and you can select the icons from there.

I did all you said,but there were no old icons.In addition,there are nothing in system32.If you have the icons that I want,can you put a copy of them to a compressed folder and send me?

Wincustomize has them. You have to install the Icon Packager to run them. But you might be able to extract the file and get the images out of there. Dont know off hand never tried it.

Since most users here use XP and some use 98 most might not be able to help with the file upload. I have done some Google searches for Windows 2000 Icon packages but with no real luck.

Yeah,I've searched many times,actually I've thinking to setup windows 2000 professional,but I wanna ask a question,is it more suitable to setup to laptop than XP?Which windows have more perfomance(for laptops)?

It depends on the specs of the Laptop. Some laptops can handle XP just fine. While other have issues.

Overall either OS will work. It just the user that makes all the difference. If you install to many apps that want to run on boot then no matter which OS you use it will slow down.

After looking at the link i would say XP would be the best for that Laptop. Since it came pre-installed with XP it was "Designed for use with Windows XP" as most stickers use to say.

At that point i would say if you really want the 2000 icons your best bet it to use Icon Packager until you can get the other Icons.

Thank you very much

I wanna say why I love windows 2000,
It was very good with its all things after windows 98 and it is really Professional like its name,but Xp looks like ''build for home users because of its themes,I wanna add something more,I wont use windows vista,because new windows getting different,I know that they are professional and they will,but according to their display,I can say windows 2000 is more professional:)
I hope that I could say what I thought...

Of course you can say what you think. the forum isnt controlled by M$ nor will you get slapped for your thoughts.

I can say from personal experience that i do prefer XP now over 2000. I have used 2000 Pro, Server and Advanced Server. I have tried both XP Home and XP Pro. Out of all of those i prefer XP Pro above all. I have very few problems that i cant address or figure out. It has the best networking support. Also it is above all the most used OS out there right now. Everything being made is for XP. It is hard to find all the apps i use for 2000.

I would say that XP Pro might be more to your taste. It does have the same feature of Home but with added network support among other things. I can say that it did take me a good month before i got used to the change over but now i am glad i did. With all the patches and that it seems as though XP is junk but i say the opposite. They are fixing the bugs. As with 98 and ME they dont fully support it no more. Only major fixes can be downloaded now. 2000 is soon to join those OS's once Vista hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom