Quicktime

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbrze

In Runtime
I noticed that Quicktime loads when I start up my PC every time. What exactly is QT? Just a file viewer or what? Is it necessary that it loads each time or can I stop that, and if I can stop it from loading, how do I do it? Thanks.

Quicktime is the Apple/Mac video format. It is just like a avi or wmp file. It allows you to watch certain videos that are in that format.

You can stop that from loading if you wish. Start>Run>Msconfig. Click on the startup tab and make sure only the applications you want to load with windows boot are checked.

Makaveli213 said:
Quicktime is the Apple/Mac video format. It is just like a avi or wmp file. It allows you to watch certain videos that are in that format.

You can stop that from loading if you wish. Start>Run>Msconfig. Click on the startup tab and make sure only the applications you want to load with windows boot are checked.

If it's the apple/mac video format and I'm running win xp pro, do I need it? Would I have another video format (win med player?) that works w/ windows?

Thats what I was looking for - msconfig. Thanks.

Well not all videos are in WMP (Windows Media Player) format. Some are created by a person using Apple/Mac PC's. Either that or the videos were created by using Quicktime.

It isnt necessary to have that installed on the PC but if you have any video files that are in that format you need something that will allow you to view them.

Personally i dont use Quicktime. I use the Quicktime Alternative. It is an application that i installed that allows me to view quicktime videos thru WMP.

Quicktime Alternative

Same thing goes for Real Player. Dont need it but if you have a video that is in that format you ned something that will play it.

Real Player Alternative

Both of those prevent having to install both Quicktime and Real Player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom