New SATA drive not detected, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything for it....

What about adding in the values of the hard disk manually, going "user defined", or is that just for IDE? In the manual it says 'Often a hard disk can be too old or too new in which case manually inputing values in necessary".

Any ideas on that?

I have had the same problem and know that the SATA or RAID drivers have to be loaded from a floppy. If a floppy didn't come with the mobo, you need to go the the Asus website and download the drivers and put them on a floppy. THEN install the operating system and press F6 when told to do so (almost imeadiately).

I'm guessing by the fact that in-between the primary and secondary SATA connections that it says "Promise Fast Track 376 SATA 150" that I found the right driver. I'll pop it on a floppy and reboot XP and hit F6 and install this driver. I sure hope this works, 5 hours shot to heck ;)

Ok, I copied the files over to a floppy. I just straight copied them. I boot XP CD and hit F6, I hit "S" to load the driver.

It says"
File \WinXP\fasttx2k.sys caused and unexpected error (18) at line 2113 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

Press any key to continue...

Can anyone offer any other advice? This is driving me nutz :/

And for anyone else that checks this out, would using a PCI SATA adapter maybe solve this problem? And how much do they typicaly cost?

Thanks for any help at all. I'm just trying to do this to help out a friend so if anyone has any ideas on what to do or what the above error meant please let me know.

One think to check. I know with my asus board I have two sets of 4 sata connectors. one of them are regular and windows setup sees drives connected to these with no problem. the other is for raid and windows will not see these without the sata raid drivers installed with the f6 button. can you post a link to your mb manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom