x2 3800+ overclocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitestick said:
i haven't tried, but 2.4ghz@1.325 is fine for me.
If you have not even run prime, then I am really betting that if you do, it will fail.

P.P is right. if you look at the context i said that in:

can you guys run prime95 stable for 8 hours+ at stock voltage at 2.5ghz?? I cant, i have to increase my voltage to at least 1.55

i meant that i have not tried at 2.5ghz. i am stable for 24 hours+ in prime 2.4ghz@1.325v otherwise i wouldn't bother saying it was stable. i think it only just gets over the line though and i will have to go back to stock for 2.5ghz. like so many other i've heard of i'm noticing that core1 is holding me back :(. its always core1 that fails prime first.

*sigh* i have abandoned dual cores for the time being....the price:gaming perf ratio is too **** high. If i can get a single @ 2.9ghz for 250 bucks...that sure beats a dc @ 2.5 or what not for 330 (opty 165). x2 doesnt help me much. http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html
That helped me in my decision a bit!

it depends on the programs you run. currently, most games do not support dual core CPU's. however future games will.

once they do, you will see a big performance gain from them.

and what you said:
2 cores for $330 verses one core for $250
if it were a dual CPU system instead of a dual core system, you'd be paying $500 (if, hypothetically, there were dual socket 939 motherboards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom