Needing a cd/dvd copying program

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley3344

In Runtime
I need just that a program that will allow me to copy a dvd or cd game. I am needing backups of games because i currently lost my bf2 disk and now im wanting to back up some dvds and cds (not for illegal perpoes) I really need the program to be free but I guess I could pay a little for it btw I have nero but it wont do it for some reason. Thanks

harley3344 said:
I need just that a program that will allow me to copy a dvd or cd game. I am needing backups of games because i currently lost my bf2 disk and now im wanting to back up some dvds and cds (not for illegal perpoes) I really need the program to be free but I guess I could pay a little for it btw I have nero but it wont do it for some reason. Thanks

since you have already paid for nero. go to limewire pro/etc. download nero 6.

I have nero OEM came with my DVD RW. and it says that it can not make copys of copyrighted disks, which makes me mad

You'll probably find that you may have to go a whole lot deeper to make working back ups of games.

cd /dvd protection is big in teh gaming industry now. You wont be able to simply copy / back up a game (in all cases anyway).

You will need software to analyze the disc and see what protection code it is using. From there you can make the approriate settings in something like Alcohol 120 or Clone.

Doing just a straight back up with nero etc will only get you so far. You will be able to back up the game.....then even install the game from your new back up.

But when it comes to playing the game, you will often find that it asks you to insert the correct cd, even though you have your new back up in the drive. This is because of that protection code previously mentioned.

There are many other ways around this, but i'm not one to encourage them as most of these posts aren't about backups at all. I mean come on.... I lost FarCry while i was out jogging ^^

Your best bet is to use Alcohol 120%. Make a ISO of the disc. From there you can use Alcohol to burn the image to a new disc. That has been the only way i have found to make back ups of my games.

As for DVD backups that is a whole different story. If it is a movie you are backing up cant get into that. Not permitted. But there are ways to do it. Just have to know where to look and what applications to use. ;)

user1 said:
You'll probably find that you may have to go a whole lot deeper to make working back ups of games.

cd /dvd protection is big in teh gaming industry now. You wont be able to simply copy / back up a game (in all cases anyway).

You will need software to analyze the disc and see what protection code it is using. From there you can make the approriate settings in something like Alcohol 120 or Clone.

Doing just a straight back up with nero etc will only get you so far. You will be able to back up the game.....then even install the game from your new back up.

But when it comes to playing the game, you will often find that it asks you to insert the correct cd, even though you have your new back up in the drive. This is because of that protection code previously mentioned.

There are many other ways around this, but i'm not one to encourage them as most of these posts aren't about backups at all. I mean come on.... I lost FarCry while i was out jogging ^^

Alcohol has a lot of differents setting for different games

no the program, I have not tryed it in a while but it would give me some crap about it cant copy copyrighted cds which defets the reason for having the cd copying program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom