Ultra ATA/133 to Serial ATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamani

Beta member
I have an ultra ata hardrive in my compter that I use as a storage slave. I just got another computer and i dound that is uses Serial ATA. I want to put my storage drive in my new set up, how can I make it work? Help me please.

It is unlikely that your new mobo doesn't supprt PATA (Ultra ATA) devices. One thing to consider, however, is that as a general rule, once you change motherboards, a new install of Windows is warranted.

The best thing to do is to back up the data on the HDD and format it. Then, when you go to put the HDD in the new comp, it should go pretty seamlessly.

If its a storage drive, then he probably doesn't have windows on it though.

I don't think I've ever seen a new mobo that is purely SATA. Yours should have PATA too. What mobo do you have?

There is no currently produced mobo that is SATA only. You simply need to install that SATA drive in SATA 1 and your puter will automatically see it as SATA "slave" although that convention really doesn't apply to SATA drives (master/slave convention).

pamani said:
I have an ultra ata hardrive in my compter that I use as a storage slave. I just got another computer and i dound that is uses Serial ATA. I want to put my storage drive in my new set up, how can I make it work? Help me please.

When asking for help about a specific product you SHOULD ALWAYS give us a link to that Product.

Anyways, Like the others said, There are not many if not none that only have SATA ports. So read the manual and look at the Board, the EIDE Slots are there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom