that tow operating system are installed in one partition is influence each other???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafLeaves

Baseband Member
i want to intall two operating system in one partition (c: partition) on one computer-----windows 98 and windows xp or adding windows 2000. i am afraid that they will influence each other.WHich friend could give some advice and suggestion,or tell the explain why not to do or do that . thanks on advance.

allow me to say again the question that i am afaid.i am afraid that the system files ,for example,.dll or device files will overwrite each other in one partition. Please give me some help.

i am looking forward to receiving the right answer and reply.
i am waiting for ......... :D

IF u do install the 2 Os's on 2 different partitions ..then nothing of the sort will happen ..Don't worry 'bout it ..

The only thing that u should keep in mind is that ..in u use NTFS on the XP partition ..then u will not be able to access that partition from Win98.If the second OS is 2k ..then u have nothin' to worry 'bout

preet2u:my friend.thank you a lots .
i suddenly remember the general knowledge ------windows 98 dont know the ntfs file structure.i see the reason and the difference that windows 98 and windows xp.
and last question------maybe windows xp only can be installed in ntfs file structure partitions. i wonder that windows xp operating system cannt be installed in fat32 file structure partitions?!
please tell me why and why not.
anyway,thanks everyone who are helping me.

Xp can be installed on either Fat32 or NTFS ...

NTFS is a much more advanced file system that Fat32 .. hence has some advantages ..
If u do install Xp on Fat32 ..then u may not be able to use some functions like the indexing service n' other serurity options

my friend.thank you for helping me.
one question again-------------------
windows 2000,if you installed that in your computer using the fat32 file system,it will not be able to use some functions like the windows xp like you say that.i am not sure .Could you explain that for me???have a heart.please ,please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom