LCD Monitors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...on a lighter note...

wow 2ms is awesome i think im gonna get that as well thx i was looking for something lower than 5.

Chris

Kitire said:
No they arent waiting for the 7900 to come out, fool, they are optimizing the games A.I. a 6800gs/7800gt will easily play the game on high.

Actually Its more likely that they had to optimize it for Microsoft's xb360. Though waiting for the 7900 is a good idea too.

Once again, you have obviously been rich all of your life and think what you have is the best and everyone else has it and can afford it. A 6800gs/6600gt will handle 1280x1024 in games fine.

What kind of games are you playing buddy?

--- And don't spend 400$ on a stupid 19'' LCD for crying out loud, there are 320$ ones that are JUST as good.

No there isnt, I would have seen em if they were out there. Thats the fastest 19" for 400 bucks. Its a great price, and a great monitor.

Kitire said:

Once again, you have obviously been rich all of your life and think what you have is the best and everyone else has it and can afford it. A 6800gs/6600gt will handle 1280x1024 in games fine.

I'm not rich, never have been anywhere close. I paid for all my hardware with my own money, unlike a lot of people here who got it as gifts from parents. I am also a realist who knows that today's games are getting so demanding that you almost need SLI for anything above 1024x768.

I play alot of first person shooters...Doom3, FEAR, COD2,HL2...u get the picture...my system works flawless at 1024x768...1280x1024 it starts to feel slugish...thas why i said a 6600gt couldnt handle FEAR at 1280x1024...no way...at High setts

BTW im not rich either...i work hard for what i got...

No.. a 6600gt wont play FEAR maxed.. But it will play Q4, Source if you dont want "ub3r l337 fr4m3r4t3s", UT04, WoW, Doom3, and a huge number of other games.

Oh and to the guy that said the 400$ LCD 19'' had great value and great price, **** NO. Why spend 400$ when you can get This Moniter for 320$, or you can go even lower. 8ms is absolutely fine for gaming.

BuddyRo said:
/\

What game do u play??...a 6600gt will not even think of running a game at 1280x1024..on high grfx...i play fear...an a 7800gt struggles on 1280x1024...

Hmmm thats strange........could have sworn I've been running 1280x1024 on my 6800GS......

No you dont need a 7800 just to run 1280x1024, thats ridiculous.

Kitire said:

Oh and to the guy that said the 400$ LCD 19'' had great value and great price, **** NO. Why spend 400$ when you can get This Moniter for 320$, or you can go even lower. 8ms is absolutely fine for gaming.

Ok, first off, maybe you can call me by my name.

Second, for 80 more bucks why wouldnt you go for a better moniter. he didnt say he had a price limit, that monitor is BEST OF ITS KIND IN TERMS OF PRICE! Your going to spend 320$$ on a moniter that will Ghost in fast games? I simply recommended it, its the best that I have come across, and for 400 bucks, its not bad.

Yes, if you are getting an LCD, you definately want good quality. If you get a cheap one you will be suffering from the disadvantages that keep gamers insisting on CRTs.

That is mostly response time.

The lower the better, 8ms is not bad. But why limit a system when you can take full advantage of your system. A crappy monitor will just limit your quality. Either get a Very Good LCD or just get a CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom